Every recipe we publish is tested, tasted, and Serious Eats-approved by our staff. Never miss a recipe again by following @SeriousRecipes on Twitter!
- Yield:Serves 4
- Active time: 30 minutes
- Total time:30 minutes
- 1/2 pound small red potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about 2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 large white onion, chopped (about 3/4 cup)
- 8 ounces fresh Mexican chorizo
- 5 ounces fresh spinach, rinsed and finely chopped
- 12 corn tortillas, warmed
- 2 ounces queso fresco or feta cheese, crumbled
- Handful fresh cilantro, stems removed, leaves chopped
- 2 limes, quartered
Toss cubed potatoes in a medium-sized and microwave-safe bowl with 1 tablespoon canola oil and a pinch of salt. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and transfer to the microwave. Cook on high for 3 minutes, and then carefully shake the contents of the bowl. Place back in the microwave and cook until potatoes are tender, about 2 minutes longer. Set aside.
Meanwhile, heat remaining tablespoon of canola oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook until soft but not browned, about 3 minutes. Add chorizo and cook, stirring often with a wooden spoon, until the chorizo just starts to brown, 3 to 5 minutes.
Stir in potatoes and cook until lightly browned, about 3 minutes. Add a handful of spinach and stir occasionally until the leaves wilt enough for you to add more. Continue process until all of the spinach has been added. Continue cooking until the spinach cooks down to something resembling a sauce, about 3 minutes. Taste and season with additional salt if needed.
Serve with warm tortillas, quest fresco, cilantro, and lime wedges.