Read more: The Food Lab: How to Make Parisian Gnocchi
- Yield:Serves 4
- Active time: 30 minutes
- Total time:30 minutes (plus 45 minutes to make gnocchi)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, each tomato split in half
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium clove garlic, minced (about 1 teaspoon)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels (from about 1 large ear of corn)
- 1 small zucchini, split in half lengthwise and cut into 1/4-inch half moons
- 1 small summer squash, split in half lengthwise and cut into 1/4-inch half moons
- 1 recipe Parisian Gnocchi
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped chives
- 1/4 freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Adjust oven rack to center position and preheat oven to 300°F. Toss cherry tomatoes in a large bowl with 1 tablespoon olive oil and garlic. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer to a foil-lined rimmed baking sheet and roast until tomatoes are tender and softened, about 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large non-stick or cast iron skillet over high heat until lightly smoking. Add corn, season to taste with salt and pepper, and cook, tossing occasionally, until well-browned, about 5 minutes total. Transfer to a large plate and set aside. Wipe out skillet with a paper towel and return to high heat.
Add 1 tablespoon oil to now-empty skillet and heat until lightly smoking. Add zucchini and squash and cook, tossing occasionally, until well-browned, about 4 minutes total. Transfer to another large plate and set aside. Wipe out skillet with a paper towel.
When tomatoes have finished roasting, remove from oven and set aside. Heat remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in now-empty skillet over high heat until lightly smoking. Add gnocchi and cook, tossing occasionally, until well-browned on all sides, about 6 minutes total. Add corn, zucchini, squash, tomatoes, and herbs to pan and toss to combine. Transfer to a serving platter or individual plates, top with grated Parmesan cheese, and serve.