This chocolate chip studded bundt cake has all the flavors of the classic cookie. And you only need one bowl to do it.
Note: Butter should be softened enough to easily blend with the sugar into a creamy paste. I find this to be at about 70 to 75°F.
Read more: One Bowl Baking: Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake
- Yield:Makes one 9-inch bundt cake
- Active time: 15 minutes
- Total time:1 hour
- 16 tablespoons (8 ounces) unsalted butter, softened (see note), plus extra for greasing pan
- 1 1/2 cups (10 1/2 ounces) packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups sour cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups (12 ounces) cake flour, plus more for dusting pan
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 plus 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups mini chocolate chips
Adjust oven rack to middle position and preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a 10 to 12-cup bundt pan.
Stir butter with sugar and salt in large bowl until very creamy. Whisk in eggs, one at a time, until combined. Whisk in sour cream and vanilla until combined.
Add flour, baking powder, and baking soda to the bowl. Stir until almost combined. Stir in chips until combined and no white streaks of flour remain.
Spoon into pan and bake until golden and just set, 40 to 50 minutes. Let cake cool in pan 45 minutes, then invert onto serving plate or cooling rack.