Notes: Pre-cooked chicken can be used in this recipe for an even quicker meal. I used pepita seeds, but sunflower seeds or other nuts will also work. Serve right away before the salad starts to exude liquid, which will pool at the bottom of the bowl.
- Yield:serves 2 as main course
- Active time: 20 minutes
- Total time:20 minutes
- 12 ounces boneless, skinless, chicken breast (about 2 breast halves)
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 mango, peeled, pitted, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 6 ounces baby spincach
- 1 medium clove garlic, minced (about 1 teaspoon)
- 2 small red onions, halved and sliced thin (about 1 cup)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons toasted pepitas (or sunflower seeds)
Halve breasts horizontally so that pieces are of equal thickness. Brush with 2 teaspoons oil and season with salt and pepper. Cook on outside grill until cooked through (155°F), or cook on pre-heated grill pan over medium-high heat, 3 to 5 minutes per side. Transfer to plate and let rest 5 minutes. Slice into 1/2-inch strips.
Whisk honey, mustard, and vinegar in small bowl. Place spinach and mango in serving bowl.
Heat remaining oil in large skillet over medium heat until shimmering. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add onions and 1/4 teaspoon salt and cook very briefly, about 30 seconds more (do not overcook).
Immediately add to spinach and toss with honey mustard dressing, chicken, and pepita seeds. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve immediately.