Every recipe we publish is tested, tasted, and Serious Eats-approved by our staff. Never miss a recipe again by following @SeriousRecipes on Twitter!
- Yield:Serves 2
- Active time: 10 minutes
- Total time:10 minutes
- 4 eggs
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2-3 small green chillis (such as Thai bird chilies) slit lengthwise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped tomato
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, divided.
Whisk the eggs with a pinch of salt. Add chili powder, ciilantro, chilies, onion, and tomato. Whisk until aerated and frothy, about 2 minutes.
Heat 1/2 tablespoon oil in a heavy-bottomed non-stick 10-inch skillet, over medium heat until shimmering. Gently pour in half the omelette mixture in and fry over medium heat until the bottom is set and golden brown, about 1 minute. Flip over gently and fry until second side is golden brown, about a minute longer. Slide onto a plate and keep warm. Repeat with remaining oil and egg mixture. Serve immediately.