Despite the name, the classic Mind Eraser is really just a watered down Black Russian. This version subs in mighty 151-proof rum to give it a little more kick. It's worth seeking out Lemon Hart 151 for its rich, bold flavor.
Read more: Cocktail Overhaul: Mind Eraser
- Yield:makes 1 cocktail
- Active time: 5 Minutes
- Total time:5 Minutes
- 1 1/2 ounces aged rum (such as Diplomatico Reserva)
- 1/2 ounce 151 rum (such as Lemon Hart 151)
- 3/4 ounce coffee liqueur (such as Kahlua Midnight)
- 1/4 ounce molasses
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
- 3/4 ounce lemon juice (from 1 lemon)
- 2 ounces soda water
Combine aged rum and 151 rum, coffee liqueur, molasses, bitters, and lemon juice in a cocktail shaker. Fill shaker with ice. Shake until well chilled, about 15 seconds. Strain into ice-filled glass.
Top with soda water and lightly stir to combine.