The result of blending strawberries and cantaloupe with a quick thyme simple syrup is a surprisingly complex and really refreshing alcohol-free drink. I opted not to strain this version of agua fresca because it blends up very smooth, but it's up to you if you want to strain the final result. Serve as-is for a concentrated, fruity drink or lighten it up by cutting it with a bit of sparkling water.
Read more: 3 Delicious Aguas Frescas To Make At Home
- Yield:serves about 4
- Active time: 20 minutes
- Total time:5 hours minutes
- 1 small bunch (about 8 sprigs) fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 cups cubed cantaloupe (about half of one medium or 1 pound 6 ounces with skin)
- 1 1/2 cups quartered strawberries (about 8 ounces whole strawberries)
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice from 1 lemon
- Garnish: Sliced strawberries (optional)
Combine thyme sprigs, water, and sugar in a small saucepan over high heat. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat, cover, and let steep for 10 minutes. Strain through a fine mesh strainer to remove thyme and refrigerate until cool.
To Serve: Combine the thyme syrup, strawberries, cantaloupe, and lemon juice in a blender and blend on high speed until smooth, about 20 seconds. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Garnish with strawberry slice if desired.