- Yield:makes 1 9-inch pie
- Active time: 1 hour
- Total time:3 hours 50 minutes
- For the Crust:
- 1 1/4 cups (about 6 1/4 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 10 tablespoons (1 stick plus 2 tablespoons) unsalted butter (frozen)
- 2 tablespoons bourbon (chilled)
- 3 tablespoons ice water
- For the Filling:
- 2 medium eggs (beaten)
- 3/4 cup (about 3 3/4 ounces) flour
- 1/2 cup (about 3 1/2 ounces) granualted sugar
- 1/2 cup (about 3 1/2 ounces) dark brown sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter (melted)
- 1/4 cup dark corn syrup
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 1 cup dark (73% cacao) chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
For the Crust:Pulse flour, salt, and sugar together in food processor. Add butter a tablespoon at a time, pulsing until the mixture forms small, pea-sized clumps. Add bourbon one tablespoon at a time, followed by ice water. Pulse until the dough becomes moist and begins to pull away from the sides. Form the dough into a 1/4-inch thick disc. Secure with plastic wrap and refrigerate a minimum of two hours. Press into pie plate.
For the Filling: Adjust oven rack to center position and preheat oven to 350°F. Whisk together eggs, flour, and both sugars in a large bowl. Once combined, add melted butter followed by corn syrup, stirring continuously. Fold in bourbon, chocolate chips, and nuts.
Pour into prepared pie crust, bake until top is firm and golden, about 55 minutes. Allow to cool slightly, and serve.