This spicy peanut sauce isn't hot just for heat's sake—it combines different types of hot spices to build complexity and create a delicious, multi-layered sauce.
- Yield:Makes about 1 1/2 cups
- Active time: 5 minutes
- Total time:5 minutes
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 2 tablespoons palm sugar or light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice from 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon finely minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- Kosher salt, to taste
In a medium bowl, whisk together peanut butter and hot water.
Stir in curry paste, sugar, Sriracha, soy sauce, vinegar, lime juice, garlic, red pepper flakes, and scallions. Season with salt to taste. Use immediately or store in an airtight container in refrigerator for up to two weeks.