- Yield:Serves 4
- Active time: 20 minutes
- Total time:20 minutes
- 1 1/2 tablespoona olive oil
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 serrano pepper, thinly sliced (about 1 tablespoon)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 bunch asparagus, ends trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces (about 2 cups)
- 10 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 pound fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup freshly chopped basil
Adjust broiler pan to 6 inches under element and preheat broiler to high. Heat the oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add the onion, pepper and a pinch of salt and cook until the onion is softened, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the asparagus and cook until crisp, 3 to 4 minutes, seasoning with salt and pepper.
Meanwhile, beat the eggs and season with salt and pepper.
Lower the heat to medium and add the eggs to the pan, moving the pan around to make sure it’s evenly distributed. Sprinkle with the goat cheese and cook until the eggs have almost set, about 8 minutes, then place under the broiler and broil until the top is barely set, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from pan and let cool slightly.
Top with the basil, slice into wedges and serve out of the pan. Frittata can be cooled, wrapped, and stored in the refrigerator for up to five days. Serve cold or at room temperature.