Thick and chunky chocolate chip cookies, with walnuts for crunch.
adapted from Baking Illustrated
- Yield:makes 18 cookies
- Active time: 15 minutes
- Total time:30 minutes
- 2 cups (10 ounces) all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (3 1/2 ounces) sugar
- 1 egg plus 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
Adjust oven rack to upper and lower middle positions and preheat oven to 325°F. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.
In a large bowl, whisk together melted butter and sugar for 1 minute. Whisk in egg, yolk, and vanilla extract. Add dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts.
Scoop out dough in 1/4 cup measurements and drop onto baking sheet. Bake until just golden on the edges, about 15 minutes. Let cool on baking sheet.