Cornmeal adds crunch to these cherry biscotti.
Every recipe we publish is tested, tasted, and Serious Eats-approved by our staff. Never miss a recipe again by following @SeriousRecipes on Twitter!
- Yield:makes about 3 dozen biscotti
- Active time: 20 minutes
- Total time:1 hour 10 minutes
- 1 1/4 cups medium grind cornmeal
- 1 cup (5 ounces) all purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2/3 cup (4 2/3 ounces) sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup dried cherries
Adjust oven rack to middle and lower positions and preheat to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. In a medium bowl, combine cornmeal, flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat together butter and sugar until creamy, about 3 minutes. Beat in eggs followed by almond and vanilla extracts. Add dry ingredients and beat just until combined. Gently fold in cherries. Place in freezer for 10 minutes.
Dough will still be sticky so use floured hands to shape into two 3-inch wide logs. Bake until golden at the edges, about 30 minutes. Let cool until easy to handle then cut on the bias with a serrated knife. Place cookies cut side down on baking sheet and bake until dry and toasted, about 10 minutes more.