An all-cheese taco shell filled with creamy soft scrambled eggs and crisp chorizo.
- Yield:Makes 8 mini tacos, serving 2 to 3 as a light meal, or 8 as an hors d'oeuvres
- 3 tablespoons finely diced Mexican or Spanish chorizo
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 large eggs, whisked
- 2 tablespoons crème fraîche or Mexican crema
- Kosher salt
- 1 recipe Crispy All-Cheese Taco Shells
- 1 recipe Basic Salsa Verde (or store-bought salsa verde)
- 2 tablespoons grated queso cotija or feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro leaves
Place chorizo in a cold non-stick or cast iron skillet and place over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until crisp. Transfer to a paper towel and set aside. wipe out skillet and return to medium-low heat.
Add butter and swirl until melted but not browned. Add eggs and cook, stirring constantly with a spatula, until nearly set in soft curds, about 10 minutes total. Remove from heat and stir in crème fraîche. Season to taste with salt and transfer to a bowl.
Fill taco shells with eggs. Top with salsa verde, fried chorizo, cheese, and cilantro. Serve immediately.