Homemade lavender simple syrup rounds out this floral variation on a Tom Collins. Dried lavender buds are available at farmers' markets and online.
- Yield:makes 1 cocktail, makes enough lavender simply syrup for 16 cocktails
- Active time: 10 minutes
- Total time:40 minutes
- For the Lavender Simple Syrup:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup dried lavender buds
- For the Yvette Collins:
- 1 1/2 ounces gin (such as Beefeater)
- 1 ounce freshly squeezed juice from 1 lemon
- 1/2 ounce Crème Yvette
- 1/2 ounce lavender simple syrup
- 2 ounces chilled seltzer
For the Lavender Simple Syrup: Combine sugar and water in a small saucepan over high heat. Bring to a boil, stirring until sugar dissolves. Once the mixture boils, remove from heat and stir in the lavender buds. Cover and let steep for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, strain through a fine mesh sieve, pressing the buds with the back of a spatula to extract the most possible flavor. Let cool to room temperature and refrigerate up to 1 week.
For the Yvette Collins: Pour gin, lemon juice, Crème Yvette, and simple syrup in a Collins glass and stir to combine. Fill glass with ice, top with seltzer, and serve.