Sweet and tangy with lots of crunch, this slaw is light and refreshing.
- Yield:serves 4
- Active time: 5 minutes
- Total time:25 minutes
- 1-1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2-1/2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 6 cups prepared shredded coleslaw blend
- 1 red bell pepper, finely sliced
- 5 scallions, white and green parts, finely sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted if desired
In a large bowl, whisk together the Dijon mustard, maple syrup, vinegar, salt and pepper. Slowly drizzle the oil into the bowl, whisking constantly.
Add the coleslaw, bell pepper, scallions and chopped pecans to the bowl and toss with the dressing. Taste and adjust seasoning if desired. Cover and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes. Serve.