Reprinted from Try This at Home: Recipes from my head to your plate by Richard Blais. Copyright 2013. Published by Clarkston Potter. All rights reserved. Available wherever books are sold.
- Yield:makes about 1/2 cup
- Active time: 5 minutes
- Total time:5 minutes
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sherry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano or 1/4 teaspoon dried
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic flakes
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
In a medium bowl, whisk the red wine and sherry vinegars, Dijon, poppy and sesame seeds, onion flakes, oregano, and garlic until well combined. Whisking constantly, slowly drizzle in the olive oil until emulsified and thickened. Season with salt and pepper and whisk again. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.