Bake with your booze on St. Patrick's Day with this dripping moist chocolate cake deeply flavored with the dark tones of decadent chocolate stout.
- Yield:makes one bundt cake
- Active time: 10 minutes
- Total time:2 hours
- 2 cups (14 ounces) packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (1 3/4 ounces) granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 14 tablespoons (7 ounces) unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 12 ounces chocolate stout (or regular stout)
- 2 cups (10 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (3 ounces) cocoa
- 1 3/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
Adjust oven rack to middle position and preheat oven to 350°F. Butter bundt pan and dust with cocoa.
In large bowl, whisk brown sugar, granulated sugar, salt, and eggs until combined. Whisk in butter, sour cream, vanilla, and stout until combined.
In medium bowl, whisk flour with cocoa, baking soda, and baking powder. Whisk into wet mixture until combined.
Pour into prepared pan and bake until just firm to touch and toothpick inserted into center comes out with moist crumbs, 45 to 50 minutes.
Transfer to wire rack to cool completely. Loosen edges with knife and invert onto serving plate.