Read more: Sauced: Filipino Spaghetti Sauce
- Yield:serves 4
- Active time: 15 minutes
- Total time:25 minutes
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup finely chopped onion (about 1 medium)
- 1 teaspoon freshly minced garlic (about 1 medium clove)
- 1 pound ground beef or pork
- 5 hot dogs (preferably Oscar Meyer wieners), cut into 1/4” slices
- 1 cup banana ketchup
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup grated American or cheddar cheese, for serving
Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat until shimmering. Add in onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
Add ground beef or pork and break up with wooden spoon. Cook until brown and cooked through, about 5 minutes.
Stir in hot dogs, banana ketchup, tomato sauce, and sugar and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve over cooked spaghetti and top with grated American or cheddar cheese.