Note: Black sesame seed tahini is made from black sesame seeds and can be found in some specialty middle eastern shops. If you can't find it, substitute regular tahini.
Read more: DIY Black Tahini
- Yield:about 2 1/2 cups
- Active time: 15 minutes
- Total time:15 minutes
- 4 medium beets (about 8 ounces), roasted, peeled, and cubed
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed, toasted and ground
- 2 tablespoons black tahini (see note)
- 3 tablespoons juice from 1 to 2 lemons
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 medium clove garlic, minced (about 1 teaspoon)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, plus additional as needed
- Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley leaves.
Combine beets, chickpeas, cumin, tahini, lemon juice, vinegar, and garlic in the bowl of a food processor. Process until smooth. With machine running, slowly drizzle in olive oil. Season with salt to taste. Serve, drizzling with extra olive oil and sprinkling with parsley.