The Lynchburg Lemonade was the center of a legal battle between a restaurant owner and the Jack Daniels Distillery. While that drink was much ado about nothing, this version is worth fighting over.
Note: To make rich simple syrup, combine 1 cup water with 2 cups sugar in a small saucepan and heat over medium heat, stirring constantly, until sugar is dissolved. Cool before using. Simple syrup will keep in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Read more: Cocktail Overhaul: Lynchburg Lemonade
- Yield:makes 1 cocktail
- Active time: 5 minutes
- Total time:5 minutes
- 1 1/2 ounces overproof bourbon, such as Booker's
- 1/2 ounce creme de peche, such as Combier
- 1/2 ounce freshly squeezed lemon juice, from 1 lemon
- 1/2 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice, from 1 lime
- 1/4 ounce rich simple syrup (see Notes)
- 1 dash Angostura bitters
- 3/4 ounce club soda
- Garnish: lemon twist
Add bourbon, creme de peche, lemon and lime juice, rich simple syrup, and angostura to a cocktail shaker. Fill shaker with ice and shake until well chilled, about 15 seconds.
Strain into an ice-filled glass. Top with club soda and garnish with a lemon twist.