Mere minutes of work result in a smooth and creamy bean dip with lemon and rosemary creating a crowd-pleasing herbal, zesty, and fresh flavor.
Read more: Sauced: Rosemary and Lemon White Bean Dip
- Yield:makes about 2 cups
- Active time: 10 minutes
- Total time:10 minutes
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 medium cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice and 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest from 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons finely minced fresh rosemary
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Place beans, garlic, and lemon juice in the workbowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade. Pulse until beans are roughly chopped.
With motor running, slowly pour 1/4 cup of oil through feed tube. Process until mixture is smooth.
Transfer bean mixture to a small bowl. Stir in rosemary, lemon zest, and remaining 1 tablespoon of oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.