Notes:Part-skim cheese is suggested, but whole milk cheese will work as well.
- Yield:serves 4 to 6
- Active time: 45 minutes
- Total time:45 minutes
- 12 ounces ground chicken
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground fennel
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, divided
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups tomato purée
- 1 cup homemade or store-bought low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 5 medium cloves garlic, minced (about 5 teaspoons)
- 12 sheets no-boil lasagna noodles, broken in half
- 2 cups part-skim ricotta, divided
- 12 ounces part-skim mozzarella, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley leaves, divided
In medium bowl, combine chicken, ground fennel, 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
In another medium bowl, stir crushed tomatoes, tomato purée, chicken stock, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper.
In 12-inch non-stick skillet with lid, heat oil over medium heat to shimmering. Add onion and cook until softened and golden, 6 to 8 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
Add chicken mixture and cook until cooked through, stirring to break up into small pieces, about 4 minutes.
Scatter half of noodles into pan, tucking into meat mixture. Pour in half of tomato mixture and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper flakes. Evenly spoon half of ricotta and sprinkle half of mozzarella across mixture. Sprinkle with half of parsley into pan.
Scatter in remaining noodles and pour in remaining sauce. Tuck noodles in to cover with sauce. Bring to simmer. Cover and simmer until noodles are tender, about 20 minutes, reducing heat if necessary to keep at simmer.
Remove lid and spoon remaining ricotta evenly across mixture. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella. Cover and cook until cheese is melted, about 1 minute. Sprinkle with remaining parsley and serve.