This spirit-free cocktail from Rouge Tomate in New York City trades the Arnold Palmer's sweet lemonade for tangy rosemary-grapefruit juice. Feel free to experiment with your own blend of teas. If your blender is powerful enough, it may be unnecessary to strain rosemary-grapefruit juice in step 1.
Read more: How to Make Rouge Tomate's Amber Palmer
- Yield:Makes 1 cocktail, enough grapefruit juice and tea blend for 6 drinks
- Active time: 20 minutes
- Total time:2 hours
- For the Rosemary Grapefruit Juice Blend:
- 10 rosemary leaves
- 12 ounces grapefruit juice, from about 2 ruby red grapefruits
- For the Tea Blend:
- 3 cups water
- 2 teaspoons loose black tea
- 2 teaspoons loose jasmine green tea
- For Each Cocktail:
- 2 ounces rosemary grapefruit juice blend
- 4 ounces brewed tea blend
- 1 ounce light agave syrup
- 4 mint leaves
- 2 ounces seltzer
- Garnish: 1 large mint sprig, 1 grapefruit wedge
For the Rosemary Grapefruit Juice Blend: Combine rosemary and grapefruit juice in a blender. Blend on high speed for 30 seconds until rosemary is pulverized. Strain through a fine mesh strainer into a sealable container and refrigerate until ready to use.
For the Tea Blend: In a small saucepan, heat water to a bare simmer (water should register 180°F). Remove from heat, add both teas, and steep for 2 to 3 minutes. Strain through fine mesh strainer. Allow mixture to cool thoroughly.
For the Cocktail: For each cocktail, fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add 4 ounces tea blend, 2 ounces rosemary grapefruit juice, 1 ounce light agave syrup, and 4 leaves mint to shaker. Shake vigorously until well chilled, about 15 seconds.
Add seltzer to shaker and stir lightly. Pour (do not strain) into serving glass and garnish with mint sprig and grapefruit wedge.