Developed by Zachary Agustin and Shawn Heale at Rob Roy in Seattle, this punch smells like Christmas.
Note: To make rich demerara syrup, combine 1 cup water with 2 cups demerara sugar in a small saucepan and heat over medium heat, stirring constantly, until sugar is dissolved. Cool before using. Syrup will keep in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Every recipe we publish is tested, tasted, and Serious Eats-approved by our staff. Never miss a recipe again by following @SeriousRecipes on Twitter!
- Yield:serves 20
- Active time: 10 minutes
- Total time:30 minutes
- 1 whole orange
- 12 cloves
- 22 1/2 ounces (about 2 3/4 cups) aged rum
- 10 ounces (1 1/4 cups) Banks 5 Island rum
- 12 1/2 ounces (about 1 1/2 cups) Gosling's Black Seal rum
- 20 ounces (2 1/2 cups) freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 15 ounces (about 2 cups) demerara syrup (see above)
- 2 tablespoons whole allspice berries
Pierce orange with cloves. Holding the orange with a fork, torch the cloves with a brulée torch until fragrant.
Combine all three rums, lemon juice, demerara syrup, and allspice in punchbowl. Add clove-pierced orange. Let sit for 20 minutes before serving, then serve in ice-filled punch glasses.