- Yield:makes 8 sandwiches
- Active time: 20 minutes
- Total time:20 minutes
- 1 (8-count) can crescent rolls, such as Pillsbury
- 3 tablespoons guava or grape jelly
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 teaspoons spicy mustard, plus additional for serving
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 16 cocktail sausages, such as Hillshire Farm Lil’ Smokies
Bake crescent rolls according to package directions.
Meanwhile, in small bowl whisk together jelly, ketchup, 2 teaspoons mustard, vinegar, pepper, and cayenne. Melt butter in large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook sausages, stirring occasionally, until browned, about 4 minutes.
Add jelly mixture to sausages and cook, stirring occasionally until mixture is thick and syrupy, 4 to 5 minutes.
Transfer rolls to cooling rack and when cool enough to handle, cut in half, making sure to leave about ½-inch base. Spread inside of crescents with additional mustard to taste. Fill each crescent with 2 sausages and sauce. Serve warm.