Could the right combination of gin, mango, and allspice liqueur have cured Gauguin? Perhaps. Can this bright yellow beauty save you from gray sky blues? Absolutely.
Notes:To make demerara syrup, heat 1 cup demerara sugar with 1 cup water stirring constantly until sugar dissolves. Let cool before using. Mango puree can be found in some freezer sections. For homemade mango puree, peel, chop, and blend mango flesh in a blender until smooth. No straining required.
Read more: How to Make Gauguin's Cure from 1534 in NYC
- Yield:Makes 1 cocktail
- Active time: 3 minutes
- Total time:3 minutes
- 2 ounces Bombay East Gin (or similarly spiced gin)
- 3/4 ounce mango puree (fresh is best, see note)
- 3/4 ounce fresh juice from 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon allspice liqueur, such as St. Elizabeth Allspice Dram
- 1/2 ounce demerara syrup (see notes)
- 1 small purple flower, such as a gomphrena, for garnish (Note: Gomphrena not edible)
Combine gin, mango puree, lemon juice, and allspice liqueur in cocktail shaker. Add ice and shake until well chilled, about 15 seconds.
Pour into coupe glass. Garnish with flower and serve.