I upgraded the old-school Harvey Wallbanger by swapping out the orange juice with an herbal orange tea. Tea Forté Mojito Marmalade is available online, using another tea will change the flavors of this drink.
Read more: Cocktail Overhaul: Harvey Wallbanger
- Yield:Makes 1 Cocktail; enough syrup for at least 15 cocktails; enough tea for about 3 Cocktails
- Active time: 5 minutes
- Total time:4 hours
- For the Vanilla Syrup:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 vanilla bean, split
- For the Tea
- 1 bag orange tea, such as Tea Forté Mojito Marmalade
- 1 cup boiling water
- For the Cocktail
- 1 orange
- 1 1/2 ounces vodka
- 3/4 ounces Galliano L'Autentico
- 1/2 vanilla syrup
- 1/4 ounce freshly squeezed juice from 1 lemon (strained through a fine mesh strainer)
- 2 1/2 ounces brewed Tea Forté Mojito Marmalade tea
For the Vanilla Syrup: Combine sugar and water in a small saucepan and heat over medium heat, stirring constantly, until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat, add split vanilla bean, cover and let steep 4 hours at room temperature. Strain and bottle. Store syrup in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
For the Tea: Steep tea bag in hot water for 5 minutes. Remove tea bag and allow to cool.
For the Cocktail: Peel a long orange zest strip and wrap around the inside of a highball glass. Fill with ice. Fill a mixing glass with ice and add vodka, Galliano, vanilla syrup, lemon juice, and tea. Stir until well chilled, about 20 seconds. Strain into prepared glass and serve.