Crispy fried quesadillas made with leftover roast turkey and canned black beans.
Note: You can use leftover roast chicken instead of turkey.
- Yield:Makes 2 quesadillas, serving 2 to 4
- Active time: 15 minutes
- Total time:15 minutes
- 4 ounces (about 1 cup) grated Jack, Cheddar, or Oaxacan string cheese
- 4 ounces (about 1 cup) pulled roasted turkey meat
- 1/2 cup drained rinsed canned black beans
- 2 pickled jalapeños, finely minced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 (10-inch) flour tortillas
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Kosher salt
Combine cheese, turkey, black beans, jalapeños, and cilantro in a medium bowl. Spread half of cheese mixture over one half of one tortilla, leaving a small border around the edge. Fold tortilla firmly in half to enclose the cheese. Repeat with remaining tortilla.
Heat oil in a 10-inch nonstick or cast iron skillet over medium heat until shimmering. Carefully add both folded tortillas to skillet and cook, shaking pan gently until first side is golden brown and puffed, 1 to 2 minutes. Carefully fip tortillas with a flexible slotted spatula, sprinkle with salt, and cook on second side until golden brown and puffed, 1 to 2 minutes longer. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate and allow to rest 1 minutes. Cut each into four pieces and serve