Every recipe we publish is tested, tasted, and Serious Eats-approved by our staff. Never miss a recipe again by following @SeriousRecipes on Twitter!
- Yield:serves 8 to 10
- Active time: 20 minutes
- Total time:20 minutes
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley leaves
- 3 quarts vegetable, canola, or peanut oil
- 3 pounds brussels sprouts, stems trimmed, outer leaves removed, split in half
- 3 medium shallots, thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Combine honey, balsmic vinegar, and parsley in a small bowl and set aside.
Line a rimmed baking sheet with a triple layer of paper towels. In a large wok or Dutch oven, heat oil to 400°F. Add half of brussels sprouts and half of shallots. Oil temperature will drop to around 325°F. Adjust heat to maintain this temperature. Cook, stirring and agitating with a metal spider until brussels sprouts are deep golden brown, about 4 minutes. Transfer to paper towel-lined baking sheet. Reheat oil to 400°F and repeat with remaining sprouts and shallots.
Transfer sprouts and shallots to a large bowl and add dressing. Toss to combine, season to taste with salt and pepper, and serve.