Note:The recipe as written contains dairy. However, it can be made dairy-free using dairy-free cream cheese and dairy-free whipped "cream" or whipped topping. Cranberry sauce sweetness varies. Adjust the sweetness of the cranberry cream to suit your taste by adding powdered sugar after you whip the cranberry sauce and cream cheese together.
- Yield:serves 6
- Active time: 15 minutes
- Total time:15 minutes
- 1/2 cup plus 6 tablespoons jellied or whole berry cranberry sauce, divided
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature (regular, low fat or no-fat)
- Confectioner's sugar, optional
- 6 soft-baked gluten-free chocolate chip cookies, crumbled (Enjoy Life brand suggested.)
- 1 cup sweetened whipped cream
- Mini-chocolate chips, (optional)
In medium bowl, combine 1/2 cup cranberry sauce and cream cheese. Beat on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 30 seconds. Taste. If cranberry cream isn't sweet enough, add confectioner's sugar to taste.
Place about one tablespoon of cranberry sauce on the bottom of six dessert cups. Spoon in two to three tablespoons of cranberry cream. Layer with a sprinkle of crumbled chocolate chip cookies. Add another layer of cranberry cream and chocolate chip cookies. Top with whipped cream and, if desired, a sprinkle of mini-chocolate chips. Serve immediately or chill until ready to serve. Store up to two days in the refrigerator.