Note: Crispy pork belly can be found in any Chinese grocery store or butcher that sells barbecue meat. Prepared crispy pork belly from different stores contain varying amount of salt. Taste it before you proceed as you may find that you less fish sauce than the amount called for in this recipe. When in doubt, it's best to add less fish sauce than you think prudent as you can always add more.
- Yield:serves 4
- Active time: 15 minutes
- Total time:15 minutes
- 1 pound roast pork belly, cut into 1/2- by 1/2- by 1-inch pieces (see note)
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound Chinese broccoli (kai lan), trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 large cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- 2 fresh bird's eye chilies, smashed (or cut into thin slices)
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Fish sauce to taste (see note)
Heat vegetable oil in wok over high heat until lightly smoking.
Add pork bell and stir to brown pieces on all sides, about 1 minute.
Add Chinese broccoli, garlic, chilies, oyster sauce, and sugar; stir.
Cook until broccoli is tender-crisp, about 1 minute.
Remove from heat, season with fish sauce, and serve over rice.