This afternoon pick-me up is a little less sweet than your regular milkshake, adding coffee into the mix—in the form of strong brewed coffee as well as coffee ice cream.
- Yield:makes 2 servings
- Active time: 5 minutes
- Total time:20 minutes
- 1/4 cup strong coffee
- 1 teaspoon dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 cups coffee ice cream (about 6 medium scoops)
- Garnish: 6 whole coffee beans (optional)
Stir brown sugar into coffee to dissolve. Let cool.
Add coffee mixture, milk, pumpkin, cinnamon, cloves, and ginger to the jar of a blender. Add ice cream and pulse until smooth. Divide between serving glasses and garnish with a few coffee beans if desired.