This variation on the classic Manhattan from Beloved in Greenpoint, Brooklyn, brings together rhum agricole, bourbon, vermouth and bitters.
Note: At Beloved, they use a Yarai dasher bottle for consistency and accuracy. The measurements in this recipe are based on using bitters directly from the bottle. If you use Yarai bottles, use 8 dashes each of the Angostura and orange bitters.
Read more: How to Make Beloved's The Henry
- Yield:Makes 1 cocktail
- Active time: 4 minutes
- Total time:4 minutes
- 1 1/2 ounces aged rhum agricole, such as Clement
- 1/2 ounce bourbon, such as Bulleit
- 1 ounce sweet vermouth, such as Cocchi Vermouth di Torino
- 3 dashes Angostura bitters
- 3 dashes orange bitters
- Garnish: wide strip of orange peel
Fill stirring glass generously with ice. Add rhum agricole, bourbon, vermouth, Angostura and orange bitters to glass. Stir gently until well chilled, about 1 minute. Pour through julep strainer into glass and garnish with orange twist.