Read more: Sauced: Israeli Salad
- Yield:makes about 4 cups, serving 3 to 4
- Active time: 15 minutes
- Total time:15 minutes
- 2 medium roma tomatoes, seeded and diced (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 English cucumber, diced (about 2 cups)
- 1 medium red pepper, diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 medium red onion, diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 3 tablespoons finely minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed juice from 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon za’atar
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
In a large bowl, mix together tomatoes, cucumber, red pepper, onion, and parsley.
Add oil, lemon juice, and za’atar and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.