When pureed and mixed with condensed milk, the fruity side of avocado really comes out to play with your taste buds. And once you get past the vibrant Kermit color, it's got nutty and surprisingly subtle flavor. Combined with chocolate, it gets even better—sweet, light yet satisfyingly rich, with a dark crunch from the chocolate chips and cookie crust. Though adding the chocolate morsels is optional, I find them to add a nice textural contrast to the creaminess of the avocado, and a nice echo to the cookie crust.
Read more: Cakespy: Chocolate Avocado Pie
- Yield:Serves 8
- Active time: 10 minutes
- Total time:2 hours, 10 minutes
- 1 (9-inch) prepared chocolate cookie pie crust
- 2 large avocados, peeled, pitted and pureed
- 1/4 cup juice from 2 to 3 lemons
- 6 ounces (about 2/3 cup) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup (about 3 ounces) semisweet chocolate morsels
In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine avocado, lemon juice, and condensed milk. Mix at medium-low speed until smooth and creamy, about 5 minutes.
Stir in the chocolate morsels by hand, until evenly distributed.
Pour filling into chocolate crust. Cover and chill in refrigerator until filling is set, at least 2 hours. Serve with whipped cream, if desired.