Raw zucchini is beautiful and tasty when sliced carpaccio-thin and topped with olive oil, fresh lemon, Parmesan, walnuts and basil leaves. Try it as a starter, side dish, or even as a light lunch.
Every recipe we publish is tested, tasted, and Serious Eats-approved by our staff. Never miss a recipe again by following @SeriousRecipes on Twitter!
- Yield:serves 4
- Total time:15 minutes
- 1 pound zucchini (about 2 medium), sliced into 1/16th-inch disks on a mandoline
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh juice from 1 lemon
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted if desired
- 3 tablespoons finely sliced fresh basil leaves
Drizzle zucchini slices with extra virgin olive oil and lemon juice, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Arrange on four dinner plates in overlapping concentric circles. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese, walnuts and basil over top. Serve immediately.