Read more: Chichi's Chinese: Dried Rice Noodles
- Yield:serves 4
- Active time: 20 minutes
- Total time:20 minutes
- 8 ounces dry rice noodles
- 4 tablespoons vegetable or canola oil
- 4 eggs
- Kosher salt
- 2 small heads bok choy or other hearty greens cut into 1/2-inch slices (about 2 cups loosely packed greens)
- 2 medium cloves garlic, minced (about 2 teaspoons)
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes or chili sauce
- 2 to 3 teaspoons light soy sauce
Cook noodles according to package instructions. Rinse cooked noodles under cold running water Drain well and set aside.
Beat eggs with 1/2 teaspoon salt. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in wok over high heat until shimmering. Add the eggs, scrambling and stir-frying with a spatula until they are almost cooked through, about 30 seconds. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
Wipe out wok and add another tablespoon oil. Heat over high heat until smoking. Add the greens and stir-fry until just tender, 1 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
Add remaining tablespoon oil to wok and heat over high heat until smoking. Add the scallions and garlic and cook until browned, about 30 seconds. Add the chili pepper flakes or chili sauce to the wok and stir-fry for a few seconds until the oil smells fragrant. Add the noodles to the wok and stir around with a spatula, adding the soy sauce as you mix. Stir-fry until noodles are dry and evenly seasoned, then add the eggs and vegetables and stir around until everything is blended. Serve immediately, with more chili sauce and soy sauce on the side.