When un-molded, this creamy egg-less chocolate pudding has a barely set consistency. Served plated with cream and fresh berries, it makes an outstanding dinner party dessert.
Note: After filling the ramekins, cover with plastic wrap to prevent a skin from forming.
Read more: Chocoholic: Chocolate Blancmange
- Yield:serves 6
- Active time: 5 minutes
- Total time:4 hours
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 2 cups whole milk
- 3 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Whipped cream for garnish
- Fresh sweet cherries for garnish
In small bowl, whisk together the cornstarch, sugar, and cocoa powder; set aside.
In medium saucepan, combine the milk, cornstarch mixture, and chocolate. Heat over medium heat, gently whisking constantly, until mixture comes to boil.
Whisk in vanilla and pour into ramekins. Chill until set, at least 4 hours. Serve with whipped cream and fresh cherries.