Chocolate and bananas come together in this simple, moist bundt cake.
Read more: Let Them Eat: Chocolate-Banana Bundt Cake
- Yield:Serves 10 to 12
- Active time: 20 minutes
- Total time:2 hours, 15 minutes
- Baking spray
- 2 sticks (8 ounces) unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup natural cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso powder
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups (about 10 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 2 cups (about 15 ounces) packed dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely mashed ripe bananas (about 3 medium bananas)
- 1/2 cup sour cream, at room temperature
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 tablespoon confectioners’ sugar
Adjust oven rack to middle position and preheat oven to 350°F. Coat Bundt pan with baking spray. Combine butter, cocoa powder, espresso powder, and water in medium saucepan and bring to boil over medium-high heat, stirring, until mixture is homogenous, about 2 minutes.
Whisk flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in large bowl, then, mix in cocoa mixture. Whisk in bananas and sour cream, then eggs and vanilla. Stir in walnuts.
Scrape batter into prepared pan and bake until tester inserted in center of cake comes out clean, about 45 minutes.
Transfer cake to cooling rack and cool 10 minutes, then invert directly onto rack and cool to room temperature, about 1 hour. Sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar and serve.