Every recipe we publish is tested, tasted, and Serious Eats-approved by our staff. Never miss a recipe again by following @SeriousRecipes on Twitter!
- Yield:Serves 2
- Active time: Prep-5 minutes. Cooking- 10 minutes
- Total time:15 minutes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 small hot green chilis, slit lengthwise
- 1 teaspoon whole black mustard seeds
- 10 curry leaves
- 4 medium beets, boiled and cubed (about 3 cups)
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
Heat oil over medium-high heat in a large saucepan until shimmering. Add chilis, mustard seed, and curry leaves. Stir vigorously until fragrant and the mustard starts to pop, about 3 minutes. Add the beetroot and stir until the beets are coated in spices. Add the coconut and stir until mixed through. Serve warm or cold with any Indian meal as a side or salad.