Think fresh berries are just for breakfast or dessert? Think again—they make an elegant addition to this salad of baby spinach, pecans, and goat cheese. The raspberry vinaigrette is fruity, tart, and sweet, and perfectly complements the berries.
- Yield:serves 4
- Active time: 20 minutes
- Total time:20 minutes
- For the Dressing:
- 2 1/2 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 6 tablespoons neutral oil (such as canola or vegetable)
- 1 tablespoon finely minced shallots (about 1 small shallot)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- For the Salad:
- 1 (6-ounce) bag baby spinach (about 6 cups)
- 2 cups (1 pint) strawberries, stemmed and sliced
- 1 cup (1/2 pint) blueberries
- 1/2 cup pecans, toasted
- 4 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
Combine vinegar, honey, mustard, oil and shallots in a small sealable container and shake vigorously to emulsify. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Alternatively, combine vinegar, honey, and mustard in a medium bowl. Whisking constantly, slowly drizzle in oil until emulsified. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
In a large bowl, combine the baby spinach, strawberries, blueberries, and pecans. Add the dressing little by little and toss until greens are well-coated. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Sprinkle crumbled goat cheese over salad and serve.