Hot fudge is the king of ice cream toppings, and this homemade version is such a snap that you'll never need to buy it in the jar again.
Read more: Chocoholic: Homemade Hot Fudge Sauce
- Yield:makes about 1 1/2 cups
- Active time: 10 minutes
- Total time:15 minutes
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup (3/4 ounce) cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
In medium saucepan, stir all ingredients (except vanilla) together over medium low heat until combined and melted. Increase heat to medium and bring to a low boil, stirring frequently. Continue to cook for 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
Stir in vanilla off-heat. Cool slightly (to about 140°F) before serving.