No ice cream maker? No problem! This frozen chocolate granita is the perfect dessert to cool you down and settle that chocolate fix.
Note: Chilling the serving dishes helps the granita from melting upon serving.
Read more: Chocoholic: Double Dark Chocolate Granita
- Yield:makes about 1 1/2 quarts
- Active time: 30 minutes
- Total time:8 hours
- 2 cups brewed coffee
- 2/3 cup (about 4 2/3 ounces) granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup (2 ounces) cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
In medium saucepan over medium heat, whisk coffee, sugar, and cocoa until melted and smooth. Whisk in vanilla and chocolate until smooth. Transfer to bowl and chill until cold, about 2 hours.
Transfer mixture to plastic container and freeze, briefly stirring with fork once every hour, for about 5 hours. Continue to freeze until completely frozen, about 3 more hours.
Break up granita with fork before serving.