These drop cookies are filled with an awesome mix of chocolate chips, coconut, oats, and cornflakes.
- Yield:makes about 32 cookies
- Active time: 15 minutes
- Total time:30 minutes
- 1 1/3 cups (about 7 ounces) all purpose flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup corn flakes
- 1/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
Adjust two oven racks to upper and lower middle positions and preheat oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. In a medium bowl, mix together flour, oats, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Beat in vanilla. Beat in eggs. Add flour mixture to bowl and beat until just combined.
Stir in cornflakes, chocolate chips, and coconut. Drop dough by the rounded teaspoons onto prepared baking sheets, leaving a few inches between each cookie. You should fit about 16 cookies on each sheet. Bake until golden, turning halfway through baking, about 12 minutes. Let cool 3 minutes then transfer to a wire rack.