- Yield:makes 4 servings
- Active time: 10 minutes
- Total time:25 minutes
- 1/3 cup coarsly chopped parsley
- Grated zest of 1 lemon, plus juice to taste
- 1 fat clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained, rinsed, and coarsley chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or more to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup olive oil, plus more for coating the pan
- 1 pound scallops, dried well and seasoned with salt and pepper
In a small bowl, combine the parsley, lemon zest, garlic, capers, salt, pepper, and olive oil. Stir well to combine and taste for seasoning. Allow to sit at room temperature for at least 15 minutes to allow the flavors to meld.
In the meantime, coat the bottom of a heavy skillet with olive oil. Making sure the scallops are dry, carefully add them in a single layer well-spaced (too close together and they're prone to steam and not develop a good crust). Cook until golden on both sides, 2-3 minutes each side.
Serve the scallops immediately with the salsa verde spooned over it.