In My Pizza Lahey has included recipes for many of the fabulous non-pizza menu items on offer at his New York pizzeria, Co., including this fascinating Radicchio Salad. It's a salad full of bitter, earthy flavors interspersed with creamy-pungent bites of Taleggio and bursts of sweet-sour balsamic vinegar.
Read more: Jim Lahey's Radicchio Salad
- Active time: 10 minutes
- Total time:10 minutes
- 280 grams (1 medium head) radicchio, sliced into 1/2-inch strips
- 20 grams (3 tablespoons) balsamic vinegar
- 30 grams (about 3 tablespoons) extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 grams (1/4 teaspoon) fine sea salt
- 113 grams (4 ounces) Taleggio cheese
- 80 grams (about 8 medium) shiitake mushroom caps, thinly sliced
Divide the radicchio among individual plates. Drizzle with the vinegar and oil and sprinkle with the salt. Break the cheese into ¾-inch chunks and arrange them around each plate. Top with the sliced mushrooms.