This is a homemade version of a retro recipe consisting of chocolate Jell-O nestled in a cloud of Cool Whip.
This is adapted from the recipe popularized by General Foods in the 70s.
- Yield:serves 4
- Active time: 30 minutes
- Total time:2 hours and 30 minutes
- For The Pudding:
- 2 cups of your favorite homemade chocolate pudding recipe (I used Bravetart's Homemade Jell-O Style Pudding)
- For The "Cloud":
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 ounces mascarpone cheese
Prepare your favorite pudding recipe (I used Bravetart's Homemade Jell-O Style Pudding). Refrigerate pudding to chill and set.
In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine whipped cream, sugar, and vanilla. Add mascarpone and whip on low to combine ingredients. Once fully combined, increase speed to high and whip until light and fluffy.
Spoon whipped cream mixture into the center and up the sides of your wine glasses or martini glasses to make a well for the pudding . Carefully spoon in pudding into the center. Serve chilled.