A variety of peppers, zucchini, and onions are rubbed with a mix of chipotle and ancho chili powders then roasted and tossed with vinegar and Cotija cheese.
Read more: Serious Entertaining: Taco Night
- Yield:serves 4
- Active time: 25 minutes
- Total time:1 hour
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and cut into 1/4 inch stripes
- 2 large poblano peppers, seeded and cut into 1/4 inch strips
- 1 red onion, cut into strips
- 2 zucchini peppers, cut into 1/4 inch rounds
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried ancho chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chipotle pepper powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup crumbled Cotija cheese
Preheat oven to 400°F. Place bell peppers, poblanos, onion, and zucchini on a baking sheet. Toss with olive oil.
In a small bowl, whisk together ancho chili powder, chipotle chili powder, and salt.
Sprinkle chili powder mix over vegetables and toss to combine.
Roast vegetables until soft and charred in spots, about 35 minutes.
Transfer vegetables to a large bowl. Toss with sherry vinegar, cilantro, and Cojita cheese. Serve warm.