Buttery shortbread is imbued with finely diced pieces of chocolate covered toffee.
Recipe adapted from The King Arthur Flour Cookie Companion.
- Yield:makes about 24 cookies
- Active time: 20 minutes
- Total time:1 hour
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped pieces of chocolate covered toffee, such as Skor Bar
Preheat oven to 300°F. Line two 9-inch round cake pans with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, beat together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla.
Add flour and salt to batter and beat until dough begins to come together. Beat in toffee bits until just incorporated.
Divide dough into two equal parts. Press one half into a prepared cake pan, smoothing the top with your fingers. Lightly prick surface all over with a fork. Repeat with second half of dough.
Bake shortbread until golden, about 40 minutes. When cool, cut into wedges or rectangles.