Rich hot chocolate with orange, Grand Marnier, and pisco—like a foil-wrapped chocolate orange, but better.
- Yield:makes 4 servings
- Active time: 10 minutes
- Total time:10 minutes
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- pinch kosher salt
- 3 cups whole milk
- 4 ounces milk chocolate chips
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate chips
- 3 ounces Grand Marnier or Cointreau
- 4 ounces pisco or rum
- 4 (2-inch) segments orange zest
- Whipped cream and candied orange peel garnish
In medium saucepan, stir cocoa with sugar and salt. Stir in milk, milk chocolate, and bittersweet chocolate. Heat over medium heat until, stirring constantly, until chocolate is melted and mixture is hot. Gently whisk to completely homogenize mixture.
Add Grand Marnier and pisco or rum. Divide into four serving cups. Rub rim of each cup with orange zest. Top with whipped cream, candied orange peel, and orange zest. Serve immediately.